Clingy partners seldom realize that they are too demanding of their partners presence and time. Some partners require validation around the clock probably because they are insecure or they could be jealous; giving space to their partner might make them mull over possibilities that don’t even exist.
Affection is imperative but could be too much sometimes. It can breed exhaustion and even resentment from a partner who feels constantly suffocated from the demands and needs of their significant other.
Sometimes it can be caused by low self esteem issues or attachment issues. How do you approach this sensitive issue and set a conversation with your partner and still maintain the stability of the relationship?
Here’s how several people feel about Clingy Partners in a relationship;
- You have a real conversation. Talk to them about how you feel and what you expect for them. Ask them why are they being clingy, is it because of trust etc. Sort that out.
- Calmly explain what your boundaries are. Be firm and consistent. Gently remind them they are infringing on your boundaries. Tell them how that makes you feel. Give examples and be specific. Give alternative behavior that you are comfortable with. Also suggest an activity that they can do or learn to keep them focused more in themselves than on you.
- There is nothing more annoying than a guy who is constantly texting, calling, indulging in too much PDA and, worst of all, wanting to hang out with you all the time.
- Am assuming that this isn’t some kind of hostile controlling thing. Just tell him that the two of you have different relationship styles & set up a schedule. Tell him that if this works, you will stay exclusive. If not, that you will open up your relationship & both see other people.
- Tell your partner you give MUCH better sex when not being too clingy to. I don’t know your partner but that would convince me.
- Enjoy her/him…..she/he will not be this way for long….bro just love her/him
- Stop showering for a week LOL 😂 Am just kidding. I can’t say this one word enough communication, communication communication.!!!!! Please the person might be experiencing some insecurities. So please politely sit down and talk with them find out what is going on with this clinginess.
- I wish mine was lol. Just take advantage of it cause one day it will be gone !!
- I am going to lie but I love my boyfriend clingy because he shows me that he loves me and I am that type of person too
- Have an open conversation with them about their clingy ways. Lead the conversation with “love,” meaning let them know why you enjoy being with them, then transition into your main concern about them being clingy. Make sure you provide solid example’s of their clingy ways and then come up with a resolution. They may not even realize they are being clingy.
ENGAGEMENT COURTESY OF QUORA
- THE WEEKND’S DAWN FM ALBUM BREAKS GLOBAL RECORD
- “UNCLE STEVE GOT YOU’, STEVE HARVEY ENCOURAGES ELSA MAJIMBO IN A RECENT INTERVIEW
- WATCH BENSOUL & BIEN’S ‘THICK THIGHS’
- INSTAGRAM IS TESTING A FEATURE THAT LETS CREATORS CHARGE SUBSCRIPTION FEES
- NETFLIX REPORTS ITS Q4 EARNINGS FOR 2021
- META MIGHT BE THE NEXT TECH COMPANY TO JUMP ON THE NFT TRAIN
- AMERICAN DJ CLAIMS DJ LITHIUM WAS A FRAUD
- POPULAR KENYAN DJ COMMITS SUICIDE
- WIZKID POSTPONES HIS CANADIAN TOUR DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS
- YOUTUBE IS SCALING DOWN ON ‘ORIGINALS’