Actor Nicolas Cage has voiced his strong disapproval of the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in the entertainment industry, labeling it as “inhumane.”
During a recent interview with Wired, Cage expressed reservations about the AI-driven creation of his cameo appearance in The Flash(2023), asserting that the final outcome did not align with his on-set instructions.
He stressed the significance of agreements and contracts in filmmaking, emphasizing the need for a mutual understanding between actors and filmmakers.
Despite his appreciation for the director, Andy Muschietti, Cage insisted that the portrayal of his character, Superman, in The Flash did not adhere to the agreed-upon direction during filming.
The use of CGI, particularly in rendering Cage’s character with long hair, became a focal point of discussion among fans.
You said it perfectly when you said, We made an agreement. That is the linchpin to it.
There’s an agreement and a mutual understanding and a contract that you’ve gone into knowing both sides and knowing full well what we’re getting into.”
I’m not saying they used AI on the Superman thing. Maybe they did. I don’t know. Maybe it was just CGI, but whatever it was, that’s not what I did on the set.”
As much as I love [director] Andy [Muschietti] and [sister and film producer] Barbara [Muschietti]—and I do think they’re great—it’s still not what I was told to do on set.”
- Kung Fu Panda 4 Premiere – Awkwafina, Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman and More
- “Dune: Part Two” Debuts With $178 Million USD at Global Box Office – Imax CEO Reports Weeks of Full Houses
- March 2024’s Lineup of Major Movie Releases
- Karate Kid Franchise Welcomes Joshua Jackson in Mystery Role
- New Film, The Rapper Who Got Shot in the Heel “Not Meant to Disrespect Megan Thee Stallion”
- Reality Gets Glitchy in A24’s “I Saw The TV Glow”
- Charles Ouda, Sarah Hassan and More Nominated for Kalasha International Awards (How to Vote)
- Showmax Expands Film Development with New Projects from First Time Directors
- Highlights from the 30th Screen Actors Guild Awards: Winners Full List
- Borderlands Movie Trailer Features Kevin Hart, Jamie Lee Curtis & More
- Marvel Might Completely Eliminate Kang from the MCU
- America Is One Big Battleground in Trailer for A24’s ‘Civil War’
- Sony’s Franchise Dreams Crushed as Madame Web Fails to Impress
- Oppenheimer Sweeps 2024 BAFTAs with Seven Wins
- Madame Web’s Dakota Johnson Doesn’t Watch Her Films for “Self Care”
- Lupita Nyong’o’s Landmark Role as First Black Jury President at Berlin Film Festival
- Bob Marley’s “One Love” Biopic Achieves Midweek Box Office Triumph
- 3 Exciting Plans for the 2024 Kalasha International Film and TV Awards
- Dune Part Two Premieres to Rave Reviews: “Incredible filmmaking, Brilliant score”
- Zendaya, Timothée Chalamet, Austin Butler at ‘Dune: Part Two’ World Premiere
- Hiroyuki Sanada Teases Exciting Developments in Mortal Kombat 2
- Will Smith Makes a Comeback to the Big Screen with a Lead Role in an Action Packed Film