Tom Hollander inadvertently received the substantial Avengers bonus originally intended for Tom Holland, the Spider-Man actor.
The star of The White Lotus humorously shared the mix-up during the January 23rd Late Night with Seth Meyers Show, explaining that the similarity in their names led to him mistakenly receiving a sensitive email meant for Holland from their previous talent agency.
Hollander recounted receiving an email mentioning,
Payment advice slip, your first box-office bonus for The Avengers.”
Perplexed, he humorously commented,
I don’t think I’m in The Avengers.”
Hollander acknowledged the unexpected windfall, stating,
It was an astonishing amount of money. And it was not his salary, it was his first box office bonus. Not the whole box office, the first one.”
While not disclosing the exact figure, the Pride & Prejudice alum confirmed it exceeded $1 million, emphasizing,
It was more money than I’ve ever—it was a seven-figure sum.”
Ironically, Hollander highlighted that Holland was only around 20 years old at the time.
- “Dune: Part Two” Debuts With $178 Million USD at Global Box Office – Imax CEO Reports Weeks of Full Houses
- March 2024’s Lineup of Major Movie Releases
- Karate Kid Franchise Welcomes Joshua Jackson in Mystery Role
- New Film, The Rapper Who Got Shot in the Heel “Not Meant to Disrespect Megan Thee Stallion”
- Reality Gets Glitchy in A24’s “I Saw The TV Glow”
- Young Debt Ridden Entrepreneurs Turn to Exploiting Believers’ Faith
- Charles Ouda, Sarah Hassan and More Nominated for Kalasha International Awards (How to Vote)
- Five Years Later, “From Dreams to Tragedy” Recounts Devastating Fire in Brazilian Football Training Center
- Showmax Expands Film Development with New Projects from First Time Directors
- Tyler Perry’s ‘Mea Culpa’ Receives Scathing Criticism