Netflix has officially secured the rights to the upcoming comedy film “The Fifth Wheel,” produced by and starring Kim Kardashian.
In what was reported as a fierce competition involving theatrical distributors and other streaming platforms, Netflix emerged victorious in a bidding war.
Two of the initial five contenders reportedly withdrew from the race just before Kardashian, along with co-writers Paula Pell and Janine Brito, finalized the agreement with Netflix.
While “The Fifth Wheel” is set to feature a female ensemble cast, specific plot details and the main cast have yet to be disclosed.
Kim Kardashian is primarily recognized as a reality star and businesswoman, her venture into acting took a more serious turn this year.
She assumed a lead role in Brad Falchuk and Ryan Murphy’s “American Horror Story: Delicate,” portraying the character of entertainment agent Siobhan Corbyn.
- Elite’s Ivan Makes Debut in ‘Blood and Water’ Season 4 Now Streaming
- ‘The Illuminated’ Explores Different South African Beliefs – Watch the Trailer
- Hidden Among Humans: ‘Parasyte: The Grey’ Gets a Release Date
- ‘Where is Wendy Williams?’ Brings to Light the Sad Reality of the Guardianship System
- “Shōgun” Reboot Tops Streaming Ratings
- ‘Musangwe’ Will Premiere at Joburg Film Festival Ahead of Streaming Debut
- “Regina King Stars as Shirley Chisholm in ‘SHIRLEY’
- Nimona ia Available to Stream for Free on YouTube Ahead of the Oscars
- Love is Blind Episode Five’s Awkward Moment with ‘Bean Dip’ Comment
- The New Showmax is Delivering Quality African Entertainment Options – Here’s What You Can’t Miss