Meta celebrates Octopizzo, Fena Gitu, Nigeria’s Gyakie and more in ‘Made by Africa, Loved by the World’ campaign”
The latest edition of the campaign seeks to amplify the voices and narratives of eight emerging talents from various parts of Africa, who are making a significant impact globally and reshaping the perception of Africa on the international platform.
Meta has unveiled its third pan-African campaign, ‘Made by Africa, Loved by the World,’ in celebration of Africa Day on May 25th.
With the theme “Rising Stars,” this year’s campaign aims to showcase the stories and voices of eight emerging talents from different parts of Africa, who are making a global impact and reshaping the perception of Africa on the international stage.
In honor of Africa Day, Meta will host a fireside chat featuring influential figures from various regions of the continent.
The discussion will delve into the significant influence of Africa’s youth on a global scale and the role platforms like Instagram play in amplifying their international appeal.
The campaign has chosen eight individuals from the continent who excel in diverse creative industries, including music, fashion, lifestyle, and art. These selected individuals represent the vibrancy and talent of Africa’s creative landscape.
- Henry Ohanga (Octopizzo): An award-winning recording and performing artist, popularly known as Octopizzo, who is using his talents to inspire change in art, music, sports and culture.
- Fhatuwani Mukheli (South Africa): An internationally exhibited visual artist, filmmaker and photographer passionate about healing people through visual arts.
- Jacqueline Acheampong – Gyakie (Ghana): A singer, songwriter, and performer whose music features catchy melodies and infectious beats. With several performances in Ghana and across the world, she has clinched multiple local and international awards.
- Enioluwa Adeoluwa (Nigeria): A fashion and lifestyle influencer who has carved a niche in the fashion industry, collaborated with international brands, and built a strong community of GenZ fans around the world.
- Njang Mengu Collins (Cameroon): A singer and rapper popularly known as Ko-C, who combines a distinctive fusion of Afropop and hip-hop with his songs successes having led to several international nominations.
- Qhamanande Maswana (South Africa): A visual artist celebrated internationally who effortlessly blends reality with imagination in each portrait, often depicting the beauty and challenges of everyday life in South Africa.
- Fena Gitu (Kenya): A renowned female “Urban Soul” singer, songwriter and producer who has partnered with local and global artists. She has received several recognitions for her phenomenal work in the music industry and continues to be appreciated beyond Kenyan borders.
- Adesokan Emmanuel – Shanks Comics (Nigeria) A social media comic, skit maker, content creator, brand influencer and media personality who believes in the power of storytelling